Set Yourself up for a Successful Busy Season
We're all excited that summer is here, right? I've got my garden growing, we've already had a grill night with my family and got way too many mosquito bites, and have my summer bucket list in motion. With all of this going full-steam ahead, what does that mean for my business? Summertime is crucial for bloggers and influencers! What you do this summer will set the tone and the pace for the rest of the year. And what comes immediately after summer? Fall and Holiday Content. And let me tell you friends, it is going to be here in the blink of an eye.
So, what do we need to do in order to make sure we are set up for a successful Fall and Holiday season? Create our summer strategy!
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
"By breaking down your summer strategy in this way, and doing things throughout the summer, it's going to help that load when Fall and the holidays get here. Because I want you guys at that point to be focused on your audience, to be pumping out content that is resonating and getting you page views, all of those things. The further you can plan ahead, the better."
Discussed in this episode...
September through December is when we see a big spike across the board in brand deals, affiliate income pageviews, opt ins, sales; this is when you see big things happen!
In order to make sure that we are ready as soon as September hits, we have to do some housekeeping and CEO work this summer. I know we all just want to lay by the pool, and some of you are running your kiddos around this summer, but we need to put in some work to set ourselves up for an amazing and successful fall. I want you all to get the most sales, have the most page views, and get on that ad network you want to be part of!
So I've created three steps for your summer strategy to help make sure you get there!
#1. What goals are you wanting to reach by January 1st?
Do you want to make X amount of income?
Break that down by affiliate sales, brand deals, or your own product sales!
Want to have X amount of page views?
Maybe you're getting really close to being able to apply to Media Vine or another ad network! With a strategy in place, you could hit this over the holiday months.
Want X amount of Followers?
Write it down!!
#2. Break down each goal
- In order to make a certain amount of money, what does that look like? What needs to happen?
- Page views? Break down what it will take to get there! For instance: write x amount of blog posts, clean up your SEO, and learn and utilize past fall and holiday content so you get clicks this fall.
- Follower growth, what's your posting strategy? How are you targeting your audience?
#3. Create Your plan
- Money Plan
- Update your media kit, get your pitch templates ready to go, and create a list of over 100 brands to pitch and their contacts.
- Get your affiliate strategy nailed down. Create Canva templates for easier posting to LTK! Draft some pillar blog posts for key sales times.
- Product sales. Really nail down your marketing strategy so you don't feel slimy pushing it in the fall. Push out opt-ins to grow your email list this summer and have your email funnels ready to go.
- Page views
- Do some targeted research on what type of posts are going to get you page views this fall and holiday season
- Outline your posts for the rest of the year
- Clean up your seo this summer
- Implement a Pinterest Strategy (Check out this Pinterest Workshop)
- Follower Growth
- Set up some collabs through the summer
- Really look at what is going to be beneficial to your audience going into the busy season?
Your plan is going to look different than anyone else's!
If you want help with your plan, consider joining the Profitable Blogger Society or Shift.
Want to make your life easier? We've created a Holiday Content Planner for you!
- The Calendar that shows you how to schedule your content for the rest of the year without overwhelm
- Schedule that breaks down when to post for each holiday. (never worry that you're posting too late again)
- Fillable Marketing Planner to help you get your content in front of more people!
Additional Topics Discussed:
- Income generating ideas
- Quick upsell ideas
- Why we need to be planning ahead
- Holiday Planner
- The Pinterest Workshop
- SEO Episode with Danielle Gagnon
- The Profitable Blogger Society
- Thrive Blogging Community FB Group
More about Bree Pair:
Bree Pair is a blogging coach and founder of Thrive - A blogging community built to empower and educate bloggers to make a full-time income by spending time on the right things. Her passion is helping bloggers create a strategy for growth and working with them on every side of their business to give them the confidence they need to be successful. Bree is propelled by the results of seeing bloggers go from overwhelmed to steady and sustained growth and creating the lifestyle they want.
- Follow Bree on Instagram