"You can't look at what everyone else is doing. You can't let people make you feel bad...you need to ask yourself, where do I want to be next year? Where do I want to be in 3 years?...What are the steps that you want to take to get there?"
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- Jane's blog & educational background
- Having a blog that focuses on local business
- Blogging as a full-time job
- Advice for bloggers without support
- Advice for bloggers who want to work with businesses
- Blogging values
- Jane's line, "Shop KoKo" & advice for starting a line of your own
"Deliver amazing content, feed to your audience, and then the money will come. Don't chase the money first."
Resources Discussed in this Episode
"I tell any up and coming bloggers, [working with local brands] is an opportunity for you to build relationships."
Our Top 5 Downloaded Podcast Episodes to Date:
Episode #022: Creating Engagement & Re-Evaluating Your Blog (guest, Kelly Mindell)
Episode #001: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
Episode #025: Why You Should Stop Being So Scared to Start a Blog (guest, Kristin Larsen)
Episode #026: SEO Tips to Explode Your Page Views
Episode #012: How to Niche Down Your Blog (guest, Miranda Enzor)
Get the Media Kit Template
Get your free Canva Media Kit template, add in your custom information, and start pitching brands right away!