"I think it's important that as bloggers we take time to find our unique voice. Learn what works for us, learn what doesn't work for us. It's not going to be an overnight success, it's not going to be a quick exercise. But it's a huge victory to be able to own your area of expertise after trying out other things."
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- KJ's beginning's in PR & what's next for her
- KJ's advice for getting yourself out there & gaining exposure
- KJ's list of things bloggers can do to promote themselves
- Knowing your unique selling points & narrowing them down to how you want your brand to be represented
- Finding your unique voice
- What brands look for
- Where to start with your own PR
- Having a plan & getting published
- What are my unique selling points?
- Who do I want to promote me as a blogger?
- Which brands/media outlets do I want to reach out to?
- Who is the contact at that outlet?
- What am I going to say to them?
- How quickly am I going to follow up after I reach out?
- How to pitch!
- The Do's & Don't's of PR
"If you show up and you do the work and you do it consistently, you're going to see movement on all fronts...The right audience is going to flock to you if you are clear on what your unique selling points are and you're doing it your unique way."
"The best time to start is now. That's the best time to start with your own PR efforts...Press is going to help build your business."
Resources Discussed in this Episode
"Who you collaborate with as a bloggers is one of the most important parts of maintaining your brand...The 5 people you spend the most time with reflect who you are as a person. The same thing applies to being an influencer and brands."
"You can buy followers and you can buy likes, but you cannot buy authentic engagement. Numbers don't matter, but the engagement really does."
Our Top 5 Downloaded Podcast Episodes to Date:
Episode #022: Creating Engagement & Re-Evaluating Your Blog (guest, Kelly Mindell)
Episode #001: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
Episode #025: Why You Should Stop Being So Scared to Start a Blog (guest, Kristin Larsen)
Episode #024: What to Do When Your Engagement is Low
Episode #012: How to Niche Down Your Blog (guest, Miranda Enzor)
Get the Media Kit Template
Get your free Canva Media Kit template, add in your custom information, and start pitching brands right away!