"Instead of looking to promote and sell, change it to self-expression...You really want to get to a point where you can express yourself and you know your target reader or audience member is going to get what you're saying."
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- Summer's steps for overcoming your fear of self-promotion
- 1. Identifying route fear
- 2. Shifting your mindset from promotion to expression
- 3. Prepare and practice your pitches
- 4. Know your target audience
- 5. Find someone to look up to and learn from them
- 6. Block out negative self-talk
- 7. Believe in yourself
- Advice for niching down
- Importance of Instagram & taking your time with being more public
"It's good to get inspiration from others. It's good to learn from others. That's all part of the growth process."
Resources Discussed in this Episode
- Coffee with Summer
- Summer's Instagram
- Summer's Twitter
- Coming up Roses by Erica
- She Saw Style by Stephanie
Our Top 5 Downloaded Podcast Episodes to Date:
Episode #022: Creating Engagement & Re-Evaluating Your Blog (guest, Kelly Mindell)
Episode #001: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
Episode #025: Why You Should Stop Being So Scared to Start a Blog (guest, Kristin Larsen)
Episode #026: SEO Tips to Explode Your Page Views
Episode #012: How to Niche Down Your Blog (guest, Miranda Enzor)
Get our SEO Checklist!
Get your free SEO Checklist to help explode your page views right away!