"Commit to your post schedule. If you are going to post 1, 2, or 3 blog posts a week, you commit to that and you show up every week and you do it as a service to yourself. Other people will catch on. It's really important to have that consistency there...Consistency in all of those areas are so important."
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- How Jillian started Cup of Charisma & how it's changed over the years
- Going full-time with blogging & how Jillian makes money
- Content writing & working with brands
- Using your platform for good
- Writing distraction free
"Courage is so essential. You have to take away any limitations you have on yourself and have the courage to put yourself out there and be bold and honest. Think about the things that are going to set you apart from other people who are out there doing the same thing you're doing. If you show up being yourself, you're going to be different and you're going to stand out if you have the courage to put yourself out there."
Resources Discussed in this Episode
- Cup of Charisma
- Jillian's Instagram
- The Freelance Beat
- Freelance Writing Gigs
- MediaBistro: Job Opportunities & Classes
- Catapult: Writing Classes
- Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive
- The Byline Bible by Susan Shapiro
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
Our Top 5 Downloaded Podcast Episodes to Date:
Episode #022: Creating Engagement & Re-Evaluating Your Blog (guest, Kelly Mindell)
Episode #001: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
Episode #025: Why You Should Stop Being So Scared to Start a Blog (guest, Kristin Larsen)
Episode #026: SEO Tips to Explode Your Page Views
Episode #012: How to Niche Down Your Blog (guest, Miranda Enzor)
Get our SEO Checklist!
Get your free SEO Checklist to help explode your page views right away!