Brands look at your stats, but they also pay very close attention to your photography. Did you know, that you could get a contract with a brand just because your photography is outstanding? Even if your numbers are "low." Tune in as we talk about the importance of leveling up your blog photography and tips on how to do so!
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- The Level-Up Series: Video and Photography
- Making a secret board on Pinterest for photography inspiration
- The Do's and Don't's of Photography
- DO: Edit your photos. DON'T: Overedit your photos.
- DO: Take multiple shots. DON'T: Take the same shot over and over.
- DO: Use the camera in your hand. DON'T: Neglect to use the camera you spent your hard-earned money on.
- DO: Use a Tripod. DON'T: Only use one angle.
- DO: Show your face. DON'T: Only take selfies.
- DO: Do poses. DON'T: Forget to be authentic.
- DO: Plan out your shoots. DON'T: Just wing it.
- Future Plans:
- Jeff Mindell on the Podcast
- December: Reflecting
Resources Discussed in this Episode
- Ep. 049 // Why Video Content is Now a Must for Bloggers
- The Thrive Blogging Community Facebook Group
- Skye McLain's Instagram
Our Top 5 Downloaded Podcast Episodes to Date:
Episode #022: Creating Engagement & Re-Evaluating Your Blog (guest, Kelly Mindell)
Episode #001: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
Episode #025: Why You Should Stop Being So Scared to Start a Blog (guest, Kristin Larsen)
Episode #026: SEO Tips to Explode Your Page Views
Episode #012: How to Niche Down Your Blog (guest, Miranda Enzor)
Get the Trello: Quarterly Goal Setting!
Get your free Trello Quarterly Goal Setting to set quarterly goals and watch your blog succeed!