Kara, from the blog Whimsy Soul, went from Minnesota to San Francisco on a dream with no job or apartment lined up, and wow did she make it work! Listen in to hear how Kara grew her blog from 20,000 sessions a month to over 100,000 and now employs both herself and her husband full time while living in San Francisco.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- How Kara started her blog and moved to San Francisco
- How Kara went full-time with her blog
- Growing your community
- How the industry has changed and how she's adapted
- How her content has evolved
- Content vs. Growth
- Setting and hitting major and micro-goals
- How she got into working with Mediavine and how it changed her blog
- Focusing on your blog rather than focusing on Instagram
- Advice for people starting out and people at her level
"Invest in your business...It's so important to have a good foundation in your business and to constantly be educating yourself on new practices and to make sure the bones are great."
- Upcoming projects for Whimsy Soul
Resources Discussed in this Episode
- Whimsy Soul
- Kara's Instagram
- Kara's TikTok
- Practical Wanderlust
- The Thrive Tribe
- The Thrive Conference
Our Top 5 Downloaded Podcast Episodes to Date:
Episode #001: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
Episode #022: Creating Engagement & Re-Evaluating Your Blog (guest, Kelly Mindell)
Episode #055: Setting Up for Success
Episode #054: How to Take the Best Pictures for Your Blog with Jeff Mindell
Episode #036: Instagram Growth Action Plan
Get the Trello Quarterly Content Planning Template!
Get your free Trello Quarterly Content Planning Template to plan your future content with ease and watch your blog explode!