One of the biggest mistakes we see bloggers make is working so hard on a piece of content, and then underutilizing it. You invest your time and pour your heart into that blog post, send it off into the world, share it on social media once, and now what?
What can you do to grow your blog without writing another blog post? There are so many ways that you can expand on your content and use it in ways that you might not be thinking about. If you’re going to create a piece of content (it doesn’t matter if that’s a blog post, video, Instagram post, or tweet) you should repurpose it. That way you’ll reach more people and increase your effectiveness, which leads to growth!
We have come up with a list of 26 ways to create more content using what you’ve already published. If you’re ready to grow your blog, use the content you’ve already created using these ideas below. These are ideas that extend beyond blog posts so add this blog post to your bookmarks tab to reference every time you post anywhere!
Using content you already made:
- Create an Instagram story sharing the behind-the-scenes of what went into creating/writing/DIYing that post (record the story while you’re creating the blog and post it after the blog post is LIVE!)
- Share a “click to tweet” within a blog post and then tweet them out
- (There are some awesome plugins to make this super easy. We like *link to “click to tweet” plugin*!)
- Always pin your blog post to Pinterest
- Share your Pins in Tailwind Tribes
- Screenshot your tweets and turn them into cute Instagram posts
- Crosspost your Instagram stories to Facebook Stories and Snapchat
- Download your TikTok clips and post them on Instagram Stories
- Grab your best posts on social and share them as a carousel on Instagram, Facebook, and Linked-In
- Find a meme that’s trending and make it relevant to the blog post you just published, push this out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (you can always use a carousel)
- Take a screenshot of that long-form Instagram post you published and share it on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Make a roundup video using the pictures from all the blogs you published in the last month, and share the video on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Reshare your top blog post from the same month, one year ago - share it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Share a clip of content from your blog post and use it to build on for your email newsletter - share more about the post like you would if you were telling your best friend about it
- Take a long-form caption from an Instagram post and share it in an email newsletter. Chances are they might not have read the post or they may need to hear the message again
- Take a picture from your blog post and turn it into phone backgrounds to share with your audience on stories - make sure you teach them how to hold down on the story to screenshot it!
- Take a picture from a blog post and put a quote on top of it (Canva makes it quick and easy) - share it on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Create a meme or quote from something you talked about on Instagram Stories and share it on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Read your blog post out loud and share the recording on your blog post to give your audience a different way to consume your content
- Read part of your blog post out loud and share it in a video graphic on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (we use Headliner < click to try it for 2 weeks on us)
- Create a poll based on the content of your blog post - get their perspective on what you posted about (create a poll on Instagram Stories, Twitter, and Facebook)
- Create a TikTok video of a fail that happened while creating a blog post (film it right when it happens for authenticity). Share the video on Instagram Stories, Facebook Stories, and Snapchat
Quickly push out this content using what you’ve already brainstormed:
- Post an image of your thoughts by taking a screenshot of your message on any notepad app (share to stories, or directly to your feed in a carousel image so it doesn’t ruin your IG branding - unless that's your thing, then do it!)
- Go LIVE on Facebook or Instagram, download it, and share it on: YouTube, Facebook, IGTV, LinkedIn
- Clip your LIVE videos into “micro-videos” and share on Instagram, IGTV, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Go into your affiliate analytics and share the top 10 items your audience liked/purchased the most that month. Share on Instagram stories and Facebook with a cute graphic.
- Connect with your audience and learn more about them by asking them to post a certain emoji based on what applies to them (ex: 🤱 if you’re a mom, 👩🎓 if you’re a student, ❤️ if you’re married, etc.). Use this to learn more about your audience - tailor it to what you need to know!
We hope this left you inspired and that you’ll save this post and reference it over and over again. Want to know what tools we recommend to amplify your content?
Which idea are you going to run with first?