It's 2020! Pillar content is content that is a blog post that you create underneath a category that keeps people clicking around on your blog and create fans! Sounds perfect, right? Listen in as we talk about how to create these type of posts to set your blog up for success.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- Pillar Content: What is holding your business together
- What you're known for and what you're the go-to expert in
- Defining your voice and your content
- Pillar Categories in your Navigation Bar
- Main category and sub-categories
- Ex. Food Blogger: Recipies (broad). Desserts, Dinners, Sides, Appetizers, etc. (sub-categories)
- Pillar posts for sub-categories to link them all to each other
- Growing your "Content Tree"
- Finding your brand and your own style
Resources Discussed in this Episode
Our Top 5 Downloaded Podcast Episodes to Date:
Episode #022: Creating Engagement & Re-Evaluating Your Blog (guest, Kelly Mindell)
Episode #001: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
Episode #025: Why You Should Stop Being So Scared to Start a Blog (guest, Kristin Larsen)
Episode #026: SEO Tips to Explode Your Page Views
Episode #012: How to Niche Down Your Blog (guest, Miranda Enzor)
Get your FREE ebook to Increase Engagement!
Get your free ebook to increase your engagement with 4 proven blogging strategies and start seeing results today!