Kara, from the blog Whimsy Soul, went from Minnesota to San Francisco on a dream with no job or apartment lined up, and wow did she make it work! Listen in to hear how Kara grew her blog from 20,000 sessions a month to over 100,000 and now employs both herself and her husband full time while living in San Francisco.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- How Kara started her blog and moved to San Francisco
- How Kara went full-time with her blog
- Growing your community
- How the industry has changed and how she's adapted
- How her content has evolved
- Content vs. Growth
- Setting and hitting major and micro-goals
- How she got into working with Mediavine and how it changed her blog
- Focusing on your blog rather than focusing on Instagram
- Advice for people starting out and people at her level
"Invest in your business...It's so important to have a good foundation in your business and to constantly be educating yourself on new practices and to make sure the bones are great."
- Upcoming projects for Whimsy Soul
Resources Discussed in this Episode
- Whimsy Soul
- Kara's Instagram
- Kara's TikTok
- Practical Wanderlust
- The Thrive Tribe
- The Thrive Conference
Our Top 5 Downloaded Podcast Episodes to Date:
Episode #001: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
Episode #022: Creating Engagement & Re-Evaluating Your Blog (guest, Kelly Mindell)
Episode #055: Setting Up for Success
Episode #054: How to Take the Best Pictures for Your Blog with Jeff Mindell
Episode #036: Instagram Growth Action Plan
Getyour FREE Ebook to Increase Engagement!
Get your free ebook to increase your engagement with 4 proven blogging strategies and start seeing results today!