Did you guys know that back in 2019 our website crashed? It was the beginning of the year and three amazing bloggers with large followings all shared at the same time that they were speaking at Thrive together!
Our website couldn't handle all of that traffic, we were completely unprepared. Obviously, we panicked, as one would, and got on the phone immediately with our host at the time.
You guys, we spent over 3 hours on the phone or chat with them, trying to fix the problem, that should've been an easy fix... and our site had no hope. On the verge of a nervous breakdown *because we didn't want to lose out on traffic or ticket sales* we phoned a friend and she said, call SiteGround.
We did. And in less than 24 hours they had migrated our website and had us up and running again with 0 issues. Tune in to learn more about picking the right host and why it's so important.
Head over to iTunes after the episode to leave us a review!
Listen to the Episode Here:
Highlights of Episode 068:
- Francesca's background with SiteGround and WordPress
- How SiteGround connects with its customers
- The ins & outs of hosting
- What platform should you build your blog on?
- Why WordPress above others?
- What's the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org?
- If someone is on Squarespace or Wix, how easy is it to switch to WordPress?
- The simple process of switching hosting companies
- Francesca's part in releasing new WordPress software