It's no secret that we all have so much on our plates as humans in every aspect of life. The list of responsibilities seems endless. In today's episode, we're diving into time management techniques, organization strategies, and productivity for bloggers and content creators.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER
Today's episode is brought to you by RankIQ:
RankIQ is the only SEO tool created specifically for bloggers. They have a handpicked library with the lowest competition, high traffic keywords for every niche and a content optimization tool that guides you in creating the most helpful kind of content that Google loves. Learn more from RankIQ below!
Streamlining Your Productivity as a Content Creator
We are responsible for so many roles in our lives, all of which come with a variety of tasks that we have to manage. It's so important and valuable to create streamlined processes for productivity in your business, especially with the amount of productivity challenges we face like procrastination, writer's block, content planning, and balancing multiple tasks.
Let's explore some powerful time management techniques, overcoming procrastination, organization strategies, and how to get more work done with limited time.
Time Management Hacks & Techniques
As you're exploring the best ways to remain productive as a blogger and content creator, here are a few hacks and techniques to consider:
- Prioritizing tasks and setting clear goals.
- Time blocking to schedule work efficiently.
- The Pomodoro Technique and its benefits.
The Pomodoro Technique
First, let's explore the Pomodoro Technique, which is a time management method based on 25-minute stretches of focused work broken by five-minute breaks. This process goes as follows:
- Choose a Task
- Set a Timer (25 minutes)
- Work on the Task
- Take a Short Break (5 minutes)
- Repeat 3 More Times
- If Continued, Increase Your Break Lengths (15-20 minutes)
- Continue as Needed
You can customize this to fit your needs and the amount of times you have available to work, but here are a few key tips for using the Pomodoro Technique effectively:
- During the work intervals, stay committed to the task at hand.
- Use a to-do list to plan your tasks for the day and prioritize them.
- Track your progress by recording completed Pomodoros.
- Experiment with the length of the Pomodoro intervals and break times.
Maybe it's not the technique you're using, but rather a bad case of procrastination. The first thing to consider is take a look at what is possibly the source of your procrastination. When you find the root cause, it opens the doors to a simple fix.
The second thing to consider when overcoming procrastination is to find community and accountability. This is exactly what we offer inside of Profitable Blogger Society! Sometimes you need someone to put things into perspective. For even more accountability, I've loved using the Groove App, where I can cowork in 50 minute sprints with other people!
Another place where productivity becomes a challenge is when you've lost control of being organized. This is where it's important to set up strategies and processes for the organization of not only your time, but your files and content as well. Here are a few places to consider getting organized, along with powerful tools to help:
- Creating content calendars and editorial schedules with a Google calendar or physical planner.
- Organizing digital files and assets within Canva, spreadsheets, dropbox or google drive, and a social media scheduler.
- Optimizing your project management with tools and apps like Asana, Notion, or trello.)
Working on Projects with Limited Time
The final struggle that bloggers and content creators often face is working on projects with limited time. As a new mom, I truly understand this hurdle. Here are a few content creation tips to help you stay productive when you have limited amounts of time to work:
- Outline First
- Write in Batches
- Use Templates
- Repurpose Content
- Keep Research Organized
Additionally, you can incorporate batching into your workflow by focusing on theme-based content weeks, dedicated writing days, and image and graphic batching days.
If you're anything like me, you may not have hours to sit down and work, but what you can leverage are those little pockets of free time. In those moments where you may have five minutes here and there, consider the following:
- Mobile Note-Taking
- Social Media Engagement
- Content Brainstorming
- Email Management
- Learning and Skill Building
If you resonated with today's episode and you're ready to get more productive with your time and find accountability, I invite you to join The Profitable Blogger Society! Inside this personalized group coaching program for bloggers, influencers, and content creators, I'm teaching your how to make money from their brand, while also providing you with the accountability you need!
- The Profitable Blogger Society
- Thrive's Youtube Channel
- Thrive Facebook Community
- ChatGPT Toolkit
Find It Quickly
- 3:51 - Overcoming productivity challenges for bloggers.
- 7:33 - Content creation challenges and productivity techniques.
- 12:26 - Time management techniques for bloggers.
- 19:04 - Productivity hacks for content creators.
- 23:57 - Content creation tips for efficiency and consistency.
- 28:12 - Productivity tips for content creators with limited time.
More about Bree Pair:
Bree Pair is a blogging coach and founder of Thrive - A blogging community built to empower and educate bloggers to make a full-time income by spending time on the right things. Her passion is helping bloggers create a strategy for growth and working with them on every side of their business to give them the confidence they need to be successful. Bree is propelled by the results of seeing bloggers go from overwhelmed to steady and sustained growth and creating the lifestyle they want.
Follow Bree on Instagram!